Jobs at Northern Outdoors
Cool Jobs with Northern Outdoors - Maine's Premier Outdoor Adventure ResortSpend the best summer of your life in inland Maine's outdoor recreation center, The Forks in Western Maine. Join our core staff of professionals who spend each summer on the rivers, lakes, and trails with Northern Outdoors.
- Learn life skills like decision management, risk management, public speaking, instruction, natural and cultural history.
- Have fun, get fit, and meet great people.
- Not your typical summer job, but definitely the most interesting one!
Full and part time job opportunities for the next summer season:
2014 Jobs with Northern Outdoors
Find your dream summer job - yep - it is possible indeed!
(and it's the only way to get forest green Northern Outdoors logo'd tees, vests, and caps!)
We are seeking personable, competent, and energetic individuals with strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to join the Northern Outdoors team at our Resort Centers in The Forks and Millinocket, Maine. A neat appearance and outgoing personality is an absolute must.
- Canoe, kayak, raft, and fish an endless number of lakes and streams.
- Hike the spectacular Appalachian Trail and Mount Katahdin, Maine's highest peak.
- Mountain bike an unlimited number of backwoods roads.
- Develop great new friendships with folks from all over the world.
- Staff housing is available in the area.
- Includes staff discounts at our Kennebec River Brewpub
Summer 2014 Season Typical Job Openings:
Registered Maine Whitewater Rafting GuidesNorthern Outdoors runs a Guide Training Program in early May and late June where you can learn the skills and techniques to navigate three of the top whitewater rivers in the USA.
- The 2014 dates for the Kennebec River guide training: Sunday, May 18th - Sunday, May 25th.
- The 2014 dates for the Penobscot River guide training: Sunday, June 22nd through Friday, June 27th.
- Applications should be received by April 26th, 2014.
- The cost of the program is $200 ($300 if you need first aid and CPR certification).
Must be comfortable and capable in Class IV-V whitewater. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves to paddle! Accompany our daily rafting adventures, shoot raw footage, edit and score. A great personality and an imaginative mind are essential. Technical knowledge of video equipment would help, but we can easily train the right person. Pay is $70 to $90 per day, depending on experience. 18 or older. Positions run from late April to early October. Combine a season video boating with time on the river guiding, for a great summer on Maine's whitewater rivers. Contact Greg Caruso or call 207-663-4466.
The Kennebec River Pub and Brewery
Several year-round and seasonal positions are available in our high volume restaurant and brewpub at The Forks Resort Center. Positions we're currently hiring for include: cooks, wait staff, bartenders and dishwashers. Pay is based on position and experience. Contact Russell Walters or call 207-663-4466.