Bird Hunting and Small Game Hunting
Enjoy Private Bird And Small Game Guided Hunting Trips With Northern OutdoorsNorthern Outdoors has partnered with one of the best bird and small game hunting outfitters in our regions to offer you expanded hunting opportunities, while enjoying the comforts of the Northern Outdoor resort. Grey's Outfitting has been offering world class bird and small game hunting in The Forks area for the past ten years. We personally know and work with owners Garret and Nellie Booth, who are tops in their field. Garret is an accomplished professional Maine Registered Hunting, Fishing, and Recreation guide, and Nellie is a highly skilled hunting dog trainer and acclaimed chef.
Private Guided Hunting Trips and Clinics
- Grouse and Woodcock Hunting Season
- Bird Dog Training Clinics: Train Your Dog With The Best
- Snowshoe Hare Hunting Season
Grouse and Woodcock Hunting Season: October - DecemberFall custom guided hunts in Maine's well-known Western front are world class for game, highly skilled hunting dogs, and talented hunting guides who know the best places to hunt. Return to the comfortable, friendly Northern Outdoors lodge each day to enjoy the food and handcrafted ales of the Kennebec River Pub & Brewery, and pick your perfect cabin in the lineup of cozy to deluxe cabin accommodations within walking distance of the lodge.
Early morning hours, crisp autumn air, and the magic stop of a bell in some of the finest bird cover in the northeast is what upland hunting in Northern Maine is all about. This area in Maine is renowned for some of the best grouse and woodcock hunting in the United States and we’re pleased to offer you the opportunity to hunt over some of the finest pointing and flushing dogs the area has to offer— or bring your own dog to experience the hunt of their lifetime, and quite possibly—yours too.
Half Day and Full Day Hunting Trips: What To Expect On A Guided Bird Hunting TripHalf and full day trips are available for groups of up to three people. Typically hunts start with an early morning breakfast and conclude at either noon or dark depending on the arrangements you’ve made. Transportation and field lunches are provided during your hunt, as is the expertise of gun dog trainers and Maine Guides Garret and Nellie Booth of Grey’s Outfitting. They've been training dogs and running hunts in the area for nearly ten years and their spots are proven, secluded, and productive. Regardless of your experience level, we will suit the day's hunt to meet your specific needs, interests, and desires.
If you're a novice hunter that would like to simply be exposed to the relaxed atmosphere, the gorgeous scenery, as well as watching a well trained dog work his magic with some truly magnificent birds,we have packages available that will show you what grouse hunting in Maine is all about. In the event you're a seasoned veteran, we will undoubtedly test your skill with challenging terrain and shooting lanes, all the while still keeping in mind the common goal for the day - bird exposure.
Novice and Seasoned Hunters Welcome
Most days yield between twenty five to fifty five points and/or flushes, combined with the area's definition and character, it makes for true wilderness upland gunning.Come and spend a day or three with us!
Bird Dog Training Clinics: Train Your Dog With The BestIn addition to wing shooting opportunities, we’ll also be hosting a series of bird dog training clinics this year. Participants and their dogs will be spending three straight days in the north Maine woods with Garret and Nellie as they explain the intricacies of running pointing dogs on grouse and woodcock.
- You’ll learn how to better approach, analyze and hunt your cover, scouting methods,basic field care for your dog, as well as map and compass know how and GPS usage.
- You’ll have the opportunity to relax get to know new friends in the lodge at the close of each day.
- Specific dates for the bird dog training clinics are published in later in the year to allow us to monitor and accommodate for nesting and brooding periods to allow the birds to raise their broods.
Guided Bird Hunting Trip Pricing:
- Half day trips start at $250 for one gun and $50 each additional gun.
- Full day trips start at $400 for one or two guns and $100 for each additional gun.
- Custom trips trip so you can make the most of what the area has to offer by spending the morning hunting over pointers and the afternoon fishing on the river, if you wish. Learn about our fishing trips here.
Snowshoe Hare Hunting Season: October 1 - March 31The standard hunting season runs from October 1st to December 31st - but not many people recognize the fact that snowshoe hare season is open until March 31st. That’s ninety extra days each year to have the opportunity to do something that (a): you’ve never done before or (b): you haven’t done since you were younger (which is a common statement from most of our rabbit hunters).
Come enjoy a day in the woods during the colder months to watch a trustworthy pack of beagles all make a collective effort to stay their course and runrabbits for you and your group. We can accommodate a group of up to four people, and can make arrangements for larger groups if you wish just give us a call and we’ll take care of it for you to make sure you get the day or days you’re looking for.
Call us or email us for information and package prices regarding Northern Outdoors Hunting Outfitter Services. We will provide you with details and our Hunting Newsletter (filled with hunting photos!) that is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.
Contact Us for Hunting Information
Are you interested in deer hunting? Read about our Trophy Whitetail Deer Guided Hunts here.
- Are you interested in Fishing Trips, either spin-casting or fly-fishing? Learn about our Guided Fishing Trips with partner Kennebec River Anglers here.
- Learn more about Northern Outdoors' Bird and Small Game Hunting Partner Grey's Outfitting here.