Lower Kennebec River Float Trips, The Forks Maine
This self-guided trip starts at take-out of the main Kennebec River white water rafting trip, below all the major rapids of the Upper and Lower sections. This part of the river, below The Forks, meanders at a much slower pace, ideal for those who want to spend an afternoon drifting carefree with their friends or splashing around with the family in easy-to-paddle inflatable kayaks.
Lower Kennebec River Float Trips are a Perfect Summer Afternoon Experience for all Ages
This is a laid back, fun afternoon on a gorgeous river in the heart of inland Maine. Only those who want to chill out, unwind, relax, and enjoy the scenery and friends/family should go!
What's So Special About Kennebec Float Trips?
- Rapids: Gentle Class I-II float is easy, relaxing and non-intimidating.
- Fun For All Ages: 3 generations love this trip.
- Scenery: The gentle, broad Lower Kennebec playfully bubbles downstream with views of the forest and chances to see wildlife like eagles, moose, otter, and more.
- Playtime: You call it! Relax, float, paddle, sunbathe, swim: it's your trip.
- No Return Shuttle Needed: Take out across from Northern Outdoors' Forks Resort Center with hot tub, swimming pool, cabins, and brewpub!
- No experience necessary. Nada, zilch. Yep, its that simple.
|Trip Details||What you need to know|
|What's Included||Equipment (paddle, lifejacket, inflatable kayak) Shuttle transportation to/from the river.
Full use of facilities at The Forks Resort Center.
|Minimum Age||Kennebec Float Trips - 8 years. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.|
|Meeting Time/Location||The Forks Resort Center at 1:30 p.m.
Reservations can be made in advance or before 11:00 a.m. on the day of float trip.
|What to Bring||See our Rafting FAQ.
Wetsuits, booties, & paddling jackets are available for rent in cool weather.
|Trip Length/Duration||5 miles / Leisurely afternoon float trip|
|Pricing||$34 per inflatable kayak (holds 1 or 2 people), not including taxes or fees.|
|Trip Dates||May - September|
|Waiver Forms||Every participant must sign our rafting waiver form. Conveniently download our Participation Waiver Form here.|
|Planning Tips||Add an easy morning hike to nearby Moxie Falls, the highest waterfall in Maine and make it a great day of adventures!|
Book Your 2014 Preferred Vacation Date Early & Save!
Book 90 days out or more, and get an additional 10% off your trip (available for rafting on the Kennebec, Penobscot & Dead Rivers and lodging at The Forks Resort Center) when you pay a deposit of 50% of your reservation. No blackout dates! Book Now! (Not available in conjunction with any other discount or promotion.)