Turbine Test Releases
Kennebec Turbine Test High Release Whitewater Rafting: Only 4 Trips Per Season!If you love whitewater action, you will want to be on this special release trip! Kennebec Turbine Test Turbine Test rafting trips enjoy 8,000CFS water flows, which is nearly DOUBLE the Kenenbec River's normal whitewater rafting release volume. During a Turbine Test, Brookfield Power tests their generating turbines by releasing the maximum amount of water possible from Harris Station Dam. Booyah!
- This is an "aggressive, high adventure white water rafting trip" ... only those with a "GO FOR IT!" attitude should sign up.
- Age Requirements: min. age 15 years old
2013 Kennebec Turbine Test Release Dates:
- Saturday June 15, 2013: 8000 cfs
- Monday July 8, 2013: 8000 cfs
- Saturday Sept 7, 2013: 8000 cfs
- Saturday Sept 21, 2013: 8000 cfs
Check out online pictures of the last big ride of 9/22/12 here.
Book your preferred date early.
PLANNING TIPS: If you want to score a ride on a Turbine Test release date, best to confirm it early. The September trips sell out well in advance, June trips typically have spaces open till a couple weeks before the High Water release date. July can be hit or miss.