Kennebec Turbine Test Releases
Kennebec Turbine Test High Release Whitewater Rafting: Only 4 Special Release Trips Per Season!If you love whitewater action, you will want to be on this special release trip! Kennebec Turbine Test Turbine Test rafting trips enjoy 8,000CFS water flows, which is nearly DOUBLE the Kennebec River's normal whitewater rafting release volume. During a Turbine Test, Brookfield Power tests their generating turbines by releasing the maximum amount of water possible from Harris Station Dam.
All Kennebec River Rafting Trips Are Now Available to Book Online!Check Availability and Book Your Kennebec River Turbine Test trip here
This is an "aggressive, high adventure white water rafting trip" ... only those with a "GO FOR IT!" attitude should sign up.
What's So Special About Turbine Tests?
- Scenery: Fantastic, if you can stop paddling long enough to see it!
- Whitewater Rapids: 8000CFS of non-stop action and HUGE waves in the Upper Kennebec Gorge.
- Food: Gourmet grilled lunch at the best location on the river: wide, sunny beach! Salmon, anyone?
- No Long Bus Ride: Short shuttle drive back to hot tub, swimming pool, cabins, and brewpub!
- Video and Photo Slide Show: Yes! We're the only outfitter on the river who videos and photographs every trip. The post trip show is hilariously entertaining - we promise!
|Trip Details||What you need to know|
|Minimum Age||15 years, experience recommended but not required.|
|Meeting Time/Location||8:00am, Northern Outdoors Adventure Resort in The Forks, Maine|
|What to Bring||See our Rafting FAQ.
Wetsuits, booties, & paddling jackets are available for rent in cool weather.
|Trip Length/Duration||12 miles, Full day includes lunch on the river|
|Pricing||$134 per person, not including taxes and fees|
|Trip Dates||Saturday June 14th • Monday July 7th • Saturday Sept 6th • Saturday Sept 20th|
|Waiver Forms||Every participant must sign our rafting waiver form. Conveniently download our Participation Waiver Form here.|
|Planning Tips||Confirm your trip early. The September trips sell out well in advance, June trips sell out within 2-3 weeks of the release date. July can be hit or miss.
Check Availability & Book Your Kennebec Turbine Test TripBooking Note: You will need to enter in the dates of the Turbine Test to see availability.