Photo Contest Rules: Share Your Vacation Fun
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST.
- A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., the Contest Entities, all participating sponsors and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees, media partners, printers, and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related or technical malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; (d) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer from entrant's Participation in the Contest or access of the any websites related to the Contest, whether human, mechanical or electronic; (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; or (f) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in the Contest.
Sponsor’s Share Your Vacation Fun Photo Contests begins June 1, 2014 at 00:01 Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends October 31, 2014, at 12:00 PM EST (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win. Sponsor’s time clock will be the official time clock for the Contest. Contest will include public voting. Public voting begins June 1, 2014 at 00:01 Eastern Standard Time and ends October 31, 2014, at 12:00 PM EST.
Four $200 Northern Outdoors Adventure Gift Cards are being awarded to photo contest winners; one for each month of June, July, August, and for the fall contest (covering September and October) as of October 31st. Northern Outdoors Adventure Gift Card have no expiration date, no blackout dates, no restrictions! Drawings every month all summer!
Odds of winning the Contest and being in first place on the Leaderboard at the end of the promotion period depend on the number of eligible entries received.
ODDS OF WINNING
HOW TO ENTER.
- To enter the Contest, take the following steps during the Contest Period:
- First, capture an original photo of any time during your vacation getaway at Northern Outdoors. (“Photo”). Second, visit the “Northern Outdoors Photo Contest” application found at http://webapp.togethermobile.com/activity#/northernoutdoors/engage/photocontest/ and complete the entry form.
- Next, follow the directions to submit your Photo, including specifying a Photo name and caption. Photo must be in .jpg, .gif, or .png format. Limit one Photo per Contest Entry. Photos, photo name, and caption must not include any third party’s likeness or name or third party’s logo, company name, trademark, service mark, copyrighted material, or material that is any way proprietary to another entity. Your “Contest Entry” include your Photo, Photo name, Photo caption, and your completed online form. By entering, the Contest, you understand and agree that your Contest Entry may be posted on the Contest Application for public voting.
- All requested information must be provided for your entry to be valid. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries and entrants may be subject to verification by Sponsor in its sole discretion. All entries must be in English. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Contest entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, profiles or any other methods will void such entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entries generated through a third-party website or software or in any way other than the manner and format set forth in these Official Rules is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any such entrant(s).
- Pls note: The photo wall below is NOT the photo contest leaderboard! These photos are from all over the web for the entire season. Clicking on a "heart" is just a like on the photo, it's not a VOTE. To see the photos entered in the current contest, click on the "Photo Contest" link and then choose the Contest Leaderboard. You can vote for as many photos as you like, once per day. You will also get an email with a link to your submitted contest photo after you enter.
POSTING PHOTOS.Contest Entry is not eligible until it has been reviewed and approved and posted by Sponsor or Sponsor's designated Contest administrator ("Administrator"); Sponsor and Administrator's decisions are final and binding with respect to all aspects of this Contest. (Sponsor or Administrator will make best efforts to post eligible Photos to the Contest Application within forty-eight 48 hours of complete submission.).
By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she is the person who took the Photo. Entrant agrees that the Contest Entities are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Entries or Photos by third parties. Sponsor and Administrator do not guarantee the posting of any entry and any/all posting is at their sole discretion. At any time during the Contest, even if the entry is already posted on the Contest Application, if Sponsor and Administrator determines that an entrant’s Contest Entry does not comply with any of the Official Contest Rules, such entry may be disqualified.
Other Contest Submission Requirements: Photos must NOT (as determined in Sponsor’s and Administrator’s sole discretion):
- Have been previously licensed, published, distributed or publicly used or displayed;
- Previously won any prizes or awards in any promotion;
- Depict dangerous or uncomfortable situations
- Depict actual or perceived harm (whether intentional or not)
- Contain material that:
- Disparages any person, Sponsor and/or any of its affiliates’ products, competitors, or any of the Contest Entities, or other companies;
- Violates or infringes upon the copyrights, trademarks, right of privacy, right of publicity or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any person or entity;
- Includes brand names, copyrighted work or trademarks/logos that may infringe on rights of any third party;
- Appears to intentionally duplicate any other submitted entries;
- Is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Promotes bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Contains any personally identifiable information, such as personal names or email addresses;
- Promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- Promotes any activities that are illegal;
- Is unlawful or in violation of any law;
- Contains any nudity, sexually explicit, lewd, offensive, disparaging or other inappropriate content;
- Is inappropriate or unsuitable to be entered into this Contest for any reason whatsoever;
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor and/or the Contest Entities wish to be associated.
- Any Contest Entry or Photo that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is considered inappropriate or not suitable for publication under the Official Contest Rules may be disqualified.
- Use common sense folks. Don’t post any pictures here that will get you in trouble with your wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend, kids, friends, enemies, etc. Remember, this is the 21st Century internet, if you aren’t comfortable posting to the front page of the New York Times, don’t post. Have fun!
In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, entries will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address used at time of entry. An "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
IDENTITY OF ENTRANT.
Eligible Photos will be posted on the Contest Application for public voting. Public voters will evaluate and vote for eligible Photo on the Contest Application.
Public Votes: Each eligible public vote is equal to one point. Limit one vote per public voter per photo per day. Any votes in excess of this limit or any votes by the same person on the same photo using multiple, false, duplicate, fictitious or fraudulent registrations will be disqualified. Public votes generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries, entry forms or voting; or alteration of votes and/or entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
Sponsor will attempt to notify potential Contest winner on or about July 1st, August, 1st, September 1st, and November 1st, of 2014. Potential Contest winner may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility for verification purposes or Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) business days. In the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, if notification is returned as undeliverable an alternate winner may be selected. An alternate winner shall be the eligible photo with the next highest voting points. This process shall be repeated until Sponsor verifies a winner for the Contest.
Each entrant grants to Sponsor, and its successors, assigns, licensees, representatives, agents, and those acting at Sponsor's direction, a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Contest Entry, or any portion thereof, in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without your notice, review, or approval. Each entrant waives its moral rights, in the Contest Entry, in favor of the Sponsor, and its successors, assigns, licensees, representatives, agents, and those acting at Sponsor's direction. Each entrant agrees to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above in this paragraph. Sponsor does not guarantee that all submitted Photos will be published.
SPONSOR’S LICENSE TO CONTEST ENTRIES.
Original Work of Authorship. As an entrant, you hereby represent and warrant that (a) you are eligible to enter the Contest; (b) you shot/created the Photo submitted with your Contest Entry; (c) your Contest Entry is original to you and that you are the owner of all rights, title and interest in and to your Contest Entry and have the right to grant the rights granted herein or, alternatively, you have obtained all necessary rights and permissions to use and submit your Contest Entry in connection with the Contest and to provide all the rights specified in these Official Rules; (e) you have the unconditional right to submit your Contest Entry to Sponsor pursuant to these Official Rules, and your Contest Entry and the use thereof as contemplated herein does not and will not violate, misappropriate, or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; (f) your Contest Entry has not previously been entered in any other contest or promotion or published in any medium; and (g) your Contest Entry does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
As a condition of submitting an entry, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that (a) Sponsor and other participants have access to and/or may create or have created entries and/or other materials, ideas and concepts which may be similar or identical to the entrant’s entry in theme, idea, format, characters and/or other respects; (b) the entrant will not be entitled to any compensation or other consideration because of the use by Sponsor or any other participant of any such similar or identical material, ideas and/or concepts; and (c) Sponsor’s or another participant’s use of material containing elements similar to or identical with those contained in the entrant’s entry shall not obligate Sponsor to negotiate with and shall not entitle entrant to any compensation or other claim.
NO AFFILIATION WITH FACEBOOK.
By entering this Contest, you release Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of, misuse of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to intellectual property, personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
Except where prohibited by law, entry into this Contest constitutes permission to use each entrant's name and image (if submitted with your Contest Entry), hometown, likeness, persona without limitation, for promotional purposes without further notice, permission, or compensation.
USE OF ENTRANT NAME, LIKENESS, ETC.
For a copy of the Contest winner list ask us on Facebook. We will post the winners names there every month. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit http://Northernoutdoors.com/site/resort/guest-photos/contest-rules.html
WINNERS LIST; RULES REQUEST.
The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright 2013 by Wine.com, Inc.. All rights reserved. FACEBOOK is a trademark of Facebook, Inc.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE.
The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Maine, U.S.A., without regard to conflict or choice of law provisions or international treaties or conventions. Entrants agree and consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts located in Somerset County in the State of Maine, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to change the Official Rules at any time and for any reason, in its sole discretion and without notice, and reserves the right, for any reason, to suspend or cancel any Contest or any entrant's participation in any Contest including should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play of such Contest, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running such Contest as planned. Entrants who violate the Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in any Contest, tamper with the operation of any Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, any Contest or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter a Contest. Any provision of the Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Contest, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Outdoors 1771 Route 201, Old Canada Road National Scenic Byway, The Forks, Maine 04985
By submitting any content to Northern Outdoors, you represent and warrant that:
- you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- all "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- all content that you post is accurate;
- you are at least 13 years old;
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, abusive, obscene, profane, indecent, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, passwords, contact information or phone numbers;
- that contains any computer viruses, spyware, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
By submitting a photo or video, you agree that Northern Outdoors may contact you about your photo or video and for other administrative purposes. Northern Outdoors may share your comments [along with identifying information] to our third-party service providers, solely for customer service purposes. By submitting a photo or video, any information you submit may be directed to a third party site administered and hosted by a third party vendor retained by Northern Outdoors provided that, in such event, the third party vendor will have no right to use any such information other than uses necessary to fulfill its services to Northern Outdoors.
Northern Outdoors DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES ABOUT THE PHOTO OR VIDEO SUBMISSION PROCESS, OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE PHOTO AND VIDEO SUBMISSION PROCESS IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND Northern Outdoors DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THEY WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS.
Under no circumstances shall Northern Outdoors and/or its affiliates be liable for any damages or injury, including any direct, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages, that may result from the use of, or inability to use, the photo and video submission process, or any related website, whether in an action of contract, tort, strict liability or negligence, or other actions, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the photo and video submission process, or any related website, even if Northern Outdoors has been advised of the possibility of such damages. These include but are not limited to damages or injury caused by error, omission, interruption, defect, failure of performance, delay in operation or transmission, line failure or computer virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful component.
You agree to indemnify and hold Northern Outdoors (and their respective officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to Together Mobile, Inc.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.