Reservation Policies - Northern Outdoors Adventure Vacations
Payments and Cancellations
Reservation InformationAll of our adventures are subject to daily guest limits. We strongly recommend you call our reservation staff to make sure there are openings on the trip you wish to schedule. A tentative reservation can then be arranged over the phone.
- For your convenience we accept advance payment by VISA, MASTERCARD, check or money order.
- We deal solely with the group organizer regarding all aspects of each reservation. Please do not have individual members of your group call to make changes. It is the group leader’s responsibility to inform each member of all details and payment policies related to the trip. Additional copies of our Adventure Getaway Guide are available upon request.
- An initial $50 per person deposit is required at the time you make your phone reservation. If renting a snowmobile, an additional $50 deposit per rental is required. Payment in full is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- Within a few days of making a reservation with us, you will receive a confirmation letter in the mail. On the top of this letter you will find your confirmation number. Please refer to this number in all correspondence with us. This letter will contain a complete outline of your reservation. Please review this carefully. If there are any discrepancies or changes, you must contact us immediately, as it may be difficult to correct any problems at a later date.
Your confirmed reservation may be transferred or cancelled without penalty by providing notice to Northern Outdoors at least 30 days before your scheduled arrival date. For cancellations or transfers that occur with less than 30 days notice but at least 14 days notice, you will be charged a $25 per person & $25 per snowmobile rental cancellation fee; any remaining credit balance will be refunded in the form of a voucher; these vouchers will expire one year from date of issue. Once you are within 14 days of your arrival date, all money shall become nonrefundable and nontransferable.
Cancellations & Transfers
We strongly recommend that you purchase our cancellation insurance, should you have to cancel your trip due to an emergency.
No transfers can be made within 14 days of your arrival date.
If conditions necessitate having to trailer your own sleds more than 15-miles from our lodge and you wish to cancel, all monies will be refunded. If the trails leading out of the lodge are not passable, but we determine there are rideable trails within 15-miles of the lodge no refunds will be given. You may still come and trailer your sleds or we will offer a rain check for the remainder of the season.
Snow Condition Related Refunds and Transfers
Cancellation InsuranceThis protection entitles each participant to a full refund in the event of forced cancellation resulting from personal illness, injury, or death of an immediate family member, or military deployment. Documentary proof of loss from a competent authority is required to support claims. The cancellation insurance fee is 7% of your total reservation. Protection extends to one traveling companion, and the minor children of the participant.
No refunds will be issued within 14 days of your trip date, regardless of circumstances without Cancellation Insurance.
Northern Outdoors welcomes pets in all of our free standing Cabins and Guest Houses. Pets are not allowed in the main lodge nor any the following accommodations: Lodge Rooms, Logdominiums, Cabin Tents, Campgrounds and RV sites.
Pet Policy: Pet-friendly Resort & Lodging
- $15 per night (plus lodging tax) charge per pet.
- $100 extra cleaning charge will be levied against the credit card left as a security deposit if it is determined by Northern Outdoors staff that the pets have been on the furniture, excessive animal hair found on the carpets, relieved themselves inside the accommodations, etc.
- Any additional damage and related costs will be charged against the credit card left as a security deposit.
- We expect that pets be crated inside the accommodations if left for more than an hour. No housekeeping make ups will occur UNLESS the pets are crated.
- All animals must be on a leash and UNDER CONTROL outside.
- No pets are allowed inside any of the public areas.
- Please pick up poop and dispose of it in outside trash cans (plastic bags provided).
- If the pet is disruptive to other guests (excessive barking, intimidating behavior) you will be asked to leave as soon as possible. No refunds will be given under these circumstances.
- Pet owners are personally liable for any and all injuries or damages caused by their pets and indemnifies Northern Outdoors, its staff, assigns and heirs from any liability caused by their pets while staying at Northern Outdoors.
- You will be required to sign this notice acknowledging that you have read and agree to Northern Outdoors Pet Policy upon arrival.
Book your vacation package early as many dates (particularly weekends and holidays are often fully booked).
Reserve Your Adventure Vacation Early To Secure Your Preferred Choice of Dates
Discounts and PromotionsOnly one discount or promotion may be applied to a reservation at any time.
Need help to dial in on the best vacation package for your needs? Email us or call us via phone @ 1-800-765-RAFT (1-800-765-7238).