Maine Snowmobile Rental & Tour Policies
Important Snowmobile Rental and Tour Information and Policies
- Riding suit, warm boots & winter gloves.
- Clothing rentals are available: Riding Suit $15, Boots $10, Gloves $10 OR Complete Riding Package $25
An Understanding - Release of LiabilityAs with most adventure activities, there are inherent risks involved. Each snowmobile rental participant or self-guided tour participant must acknowledge this by reading and signing a liability release form prior to departure.
Driver & Passenger RequirementsDrivers must be at least 18 years old and present a valid driver's license. All of our one person sleds (1 up) are for single riders only. Passengers are only allowed on our two person sleds (2 up). Minimum age of passenger is 10 years old. Our Ski-Doo GTX snowmobiles have a maximum total weight limit of 400lbs.
New for 2013. Due to the increased demand for rental snowmobiles we are only able to rent snowmobiles to guests who are lodging with us
Driver Responsibilities, Sled Rental Damage Deposit and Renter's Liability Insurance Requirements.
Operators are responsible for all damage costs. A damage deposit of $1,500 is required for each rental snowmobile. Daily Renter's Liability Insurance is required for each rental snowmobile at a cost of $35 per snowmobile per day and subject to change as of the renewal date of January 5th, 2013. Any increase in liability insurance premium after the 5th must be paid by the renter.
- Snowmobile Rental Damage Deposit Details:
- A damage deposit of $1,500 is required in the form of a VISA or Mastercard preauthorization for each snowmobile until it is returned and checked for damage. This damage deposit does not include any type of medical, personal liability, or property damage coverage and it is understood that the renter is responsible for the entire cost of a replacement snowmobile of the same year, make and model if the machine is damaged beyond repair while in their possession. It is understood that this could be up to $8,000 per snowmobile.
- Daily Renter's Liability Insurance:
- You must purchase Renter's Liability Insurance for damages incurred to the snowmobile during the time of your rental at an additional cost of $35 per snowmobile per day. This coverage is for damage to the rental machine only as a result of a covered loss under the policy once your $1,000 damage deductible has been met; the additional $500 deposit per machine is to cover Northern Outdoors retrieval expenses as well as the loss of any rental income as a result of the machine being unusable while it is being repaired.
Don't Be Stupid ~ Ride Sober!Maine has a very strict OUI law for snowmobile operators. Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or demonstrating unruly behavior, will be denied services without refund.
Cancellation PolicyNorthern Outdoors reserves the right to cancel or alter snowmobile rentals or guided tours due to inclement weather, foreseeable hazards, insufficient bookings, or circumstances beyond our control. Full refunds or alternate dates will be offered in this unlikely event.
Need help to dial in on the best vacation package for your needs? Email us or call us via phone @ 1-800-765-RAFT (1-800-765-7238).