Maine Snowmobile Rental & Tour Policies
Important Snowmobile Rental and Tour Information and Policies
- Riding suit, warm boots & winter gloves.
- Clothing rentals are available: Pants $10, Jacket $10, Boots $10, Gloves $5 OR Complete Riding Package $30
- To ensure that we have appropriate sizing available, all clothing rentals should be made in advance at the time of your snowmobile reservation
An Understanding - Release of LiabilityAs with most adventure activities, there are inherent risks involved. Each snowmobile rental participant or self-guided tour participant must acknowledge this by reading and signing a liability release form prior to departure.
Driver & Passenger RequirementsDrivers must be at least 18 years old and present a valid driver's license. All of our one person sleds (1 up) are for single riders only. Passengers are only allowed on our two person sleds (2 up). Minimum age of passenger is 10 years old. The Ski-Doo GTX snowmobiles have a maximum total weight limit of 400lbs.
Driver Responsibilities, Sled Rental Damage Deposit and Collision Damage Insurance.
Operators are responsible for all damage costs. A damage deposit of $1,000 is required for each rental snowmobile. All snowmobile rentals include collision insurance.
- Snowmobile Rental Damage Deposit Details:
- A damage deposit of $1,000 is required in the form of a VISA or Mastercard preauthorization for each snowmobile until it is returned and checked for damage. This damage deposit does not include any type of medical, personal liability, or property damage coverage and it is understood that the renter is responsible for the entire cost of a replacement snowmobile of the same year, make and model if the machine is damaged beyond repair while in their possession. It is understood that this could be up to $8,000 per snowmobile.
Don't Be Stupid ~ Ride Sober!Maine has a very strict OUI law for snowmobile operators. Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or demonstrating unruly behavior, will be denied services without refund.
Cancellation PolicyNorthern Outdoors reserves the right to cancel or alter snowmobile rentals or guided tours due to inclement weather, foreseeable hazards, insufficient bookings, or circumstances beyond our control. Full refunds or alternate dates will be offered in this unlikely event.
Need help to dial in on the best vacation package for your needs? Email us or call us via phone @ 1-800-765-RAFT (1-800-765-7238).