Entry requirements for motorcyclists traveling into Canada

If you are planning to travel to the Can-Am  Bike Fest in St. Agapit, Quebec, in August you will need to be aware of the current requirements for crossing into Canada and back into the U.S. Listed below are a couple of helpful details:

Traveling into Canada. 
As of June 1, 2009 anyone arriving in Canada by land needs to show a passport or equivalent travel document such as a NEXUS card. For more specific details see the following website. http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatravelplanner/qt/drive_border.htm

Returning to the U.S.A.
As of June 1. 2009  U.S. citizens entering the United States by land are required to have documents that comply with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), most commonly a U.S. passport, a passport card, a trusted traveler card such as NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST, or an enhanced driver’s license. For more information see the Department of Homeland Security website.

Tickets for the event are available at the front desk at Northern Outdoors. The full schedule for the three-day event can be seen online at the Can-Am Bike Fest website.

1 Comment
  • George
    Posted at 11:57h, 14 April Reply

    Besides a US passport, to ride in Canada requires any special insurance requirement other than what I already have? Anything else needed? Thanks,George

Post A Comment