20 Jan January 20th, 2011 Maine Snowmobile Trail Conditions Report
Thursday January 20th, 2011
Received 8+ inches of snow Wednesday. Groomers were out Wednesday night and operators report that the trails are shaping up real nice. Most problem areas such as water holes, ditches and windblown spots have filled in well. For the remainder of the week, we are scheduled to groom Friday & Saturday nights.
- ITS 86 from Berrys Store heading east toward Greenville. Good riding all the way through. Power Line section near Moxie Pond has filled in well, but is just a tad rough. Brochu Road is flat and fast!
- ITS 87 heading south toward Bingham. Good all the way. Windblown sections near Moxie Mountain now have good cover. Check out the 3 mile spur trail up the side of Moxie Mtn. Great views of Sugarloaf/USA and the Bigelow Range.
- Bald Mountain Trail from ITS 87 to ITS 86. Good shape all the way through. There’s a short ½ mile section through a logging operation. Go slow through there.
- Pleasant Pond Trail. Is being groomed Thursday. Should be in good shape.
- Kennebec River Trail from Northern Outdoors to Berrys Store. Open and groomed all the way through. Scenic riding along the Kennebec river.
Conditions are great right now. Should be a fine weekend for riding. As always, keep the speed down and ride with caution.
Northern Outdoors SC
Read all the Snowmobile Trail Conditions Reports by Northern Outdoors.
Visit Northern Outdoors, Maine’s Premier Snowmobile Resort.
Read more about Recommended Area Rides in The Forks.