24 Jan January 24th, 2011 Maine Snowmobile Trail Report for The Forks
THE FORKS TRAIL REPORT 1/24/2011
Lot of snow the past 10 days, and cold temps have set the trails up nice and firm. We are in great shape in The Forks, Maine with outstanding riding on all of our 100 mile Maine snowmobile trail system. For the remainder of this week, we are scheduled to groom on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nights.
- ITS 86 from Berry’s Store heading east toward Greenville. Good riding all the way through. A little rough intown, but improves just out of the valley. One mile Power Line section near Moxie Pond still a bit rough. Brochu Road is flat and fast!
- ITS 87 heading south toward Bingham. Good all the way. Windblown sections near Moxie Mountain now have good snow cover. This very scenic trail winds around the base of rugged Moxie Mountain. Check out the 3 mile spur trail up to Moxie Mtn. Lookout. Incredible views of Sugarloaf/USA and the Bigelow Range.
- Bald Mountain Trail from ITS 87 to ITS 86. Fine riding all the way through. This trail and ITS 86 & 87 make a great loop. There is a short ½ mile section through a logging operation. Go slow through there.
- Breakneck Ridge Trail. Open and groomed all the way from Bald Mtn. Trail through to Blanchard.
- Pleasant Pond Trail. Open and groomed all the way through. Nice, scenic trail around Pleasant Pond and Pleasant Pond Mountain.
- Kennebec River Trail from Northern Outdoors to Berry’s Store in West Forks. Open and groomed all the way through. Scenic riding along the Kennebec River.
All in all, the riding is outstanding right now. No thaw in sight, and maybe some more snow coming this week. Get out and enjoy!
For all you day riders, there’s a FREE PARK & RIDE LOT at Northern Outdoors on Route 201, with groomed trail access. Food, gas and trail maps are available at the Northern Outdoors Lodge.
Northern Outdoors SC
Read all the Snowmobile Trail Conditions Reports by Northern Outdoors.
Visit Northern Outdoors, Maine’s Premier Snowmobile Resort.
Read more about Recommended Area Rides in The Forks.