31 Dec Snowmobile Trail Conditions Report: The Forks, Maine 12/29/17
With the extreme cold weather we have had fuel icing issues with our groomers. We have been able to get one groomer running, but not the other. Consequently we have not been able to get the entire trail system open for the weekend.
- ITS 86/87 is groomed from the Boise Road into town.
- ITS 87 heading south from the Boise Road toward Northern Outdoors has been groomed.
- ITS 87 heading south toward Bingham has been groomed.
- The Caratunk Spur has been groomed.
- The Kennebec River Trail has been groomed all the way from Northern Outdoors to West Forks.
The following sections have not been groomed:
- ITS 86 from the Boise Road heading east toward Greenville. ITS 86 from the Shirley Road to Greenville is temporarily closed due to logging. Should reopen within a couple of weeks.
- The Pleasant Pond Trail.
- The Bald Mountain Trail.
Although we have quite a bit of snow, it is early in the season and there are hazards out there. Ride with caution at all times.
For day riders, there is a FREE PARK & RIDE LOT at Northern Outdoors on Route 201. The lot is large, well plowed and has plenty of room for trailers. Groomed access to all trails. The lot is marked with a large sign on Route 201. Trail maps, 91 octane gas, food are available at Northern Outdoors.
Get the latest snowmobile trail conditions reports direct from Trailmaster Jim to your inbox:
Snowmobile Report from Guests
Amazing day out in the -15° cold!! Thanks to @northernoutdoorsmaine for a perfect snowmobile trip @jenniferlynn1186 @ Moxie Falls, Maine
Share this snowmobile trail conditions report: