02 Jan The Forks Area Snowmobile Trail Report 12/31/12
All 100 miles of The Forks Area Snowmobile Trail System are open and being groomed on a regular basis. We have a great base of snow and outstanding riding!
• ITS 86 FROM BERRY’S STORE HEADING EAST TOWARD GREENVILLE AND ROCKWOOD Great riding all the way. Intown trails have plenty of snow, and even the Power Line section near Moxie Pond is pretty smooth. Couple miles of plowed road on the Shirley Road section, due to logging. There is a good base of snow on the road all the way. Go slow through there and watch for trucks.
• ITS 87 HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM Smooth sailing all the way. Check out the 3 mile groomed spur trail up Moxie Mountain. Awesome views of Sugarloaf and the Bigelows!
• BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL FROM ITS 87 TO ITS 86 Great ride all the way through.
• PLEASANT POND TRAIL Great ride all the way through.
• KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL FROM NORTHERN OUTDOORS TO WEST FORKS Open and groomed all the way through. Scenic trail along the Kennebec River.
For day riders, there is a FREE PARK & RIDE LOT on Route 201 at Northern Outdoors. The lot is large, well plowed, and can accommodate large trailers. Gas, food and trail information is available at Northern Outdoors main lodge.