25 Mar The Forks Area Snowmobiling Trail Report
We are continuing with regular grooming this week. All trail sections are in super shape and the RIDING IS OUTSTANDING right now! Forecast cold temps all week will mean that the trails will be holding up well through the weekend. We will be grooming through the remainder of March.
• ITS 86 FROM BERRY’S STORE HEADING EAST TOWARDS GREENVILLE Groomed flat and a great ride. Logging operation has moved off the Shirley Road, which is now groomed.
• ITS 88 FROM ITS 86 INTERSECTION HEADING WEST TOWARD ROCKWOOD Nice ride.
• ITS 87 HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM Tons of snow and a sublime ride. 3 mile spur trail up to Moxie Mountain Lookout is open but not groomed. Spectacular view of Sugarloaf and the Bigelow Range!
• CARATUNK SPUR TRAIL Open and groomed.
• BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL Groomed and a sweet ride!
• BREAKNECK RIDGE TRAIL Open but not groomed.
• PLEASANT POND TRAIL Plenty of snow and well groomed. This trail, combined with the Bald Mtn. Trail and ITS 87, makes a great scenic loop around Moxie Mountain.
• KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL Well groomed all the way through from Northern Outdoors to town.
The lodge will be open through Sunday, March 30th at 9pm with a 25% discount on accommodations. We will close Monday March 31st through Friday, April 4th. We plan to reopen 11am – close Friday and Saturday and 11am to 6pm on Sunday, April 6th.
We’ll post details regarding the weekend of April 11/12/13 as we see how the trails are holding up.
During April we’re offering a 50% discount on all available accommodations because of the reduced schedule at the lodge.