31 Dec The Forks, Maine – Snowmobile Trail Conditions Report
The storm on Monday dumped up to 12” of snow, depending on the exact location. ITS 86, ITS 87 and the Bald Mountain Trail have been panned with the groomers. Generally speaking, there is enjoyable riding. Trail sections on roads are very good . . . . woods trails are rough. Trails are all signed and navigation should be fine. We will groom ITS 86, ITS 87 and the Bald Mountain Trail again on Friday.
• ITS 86 from Berry’s Store heading east toward Greenville. Panned and passable all the way through. Power line sections around Moxie Pond have some open water areas on the trail, but are easy to get around. Brochu Road is great!
• ITS 87 heading south toward Bingham. Panned and passable all the way. Again, roads are good . . . . woods trails are rough. Trail to Moxie Mtn Lookout is signed but not groomed yet.
• Bald Mtn Trail from ITS 86 to ITS 87. Panned and passable all the way. A couple wet spots.
• Kennebec River Trail from Berry’s Store to Northern Outdoors. Not open until we get a little more snow.
• Pleasant Pond Trail. Not open until we get more snow.
There is great early season riding out there. But because we are just getting started, there are hazards to watch for. There can be water holes, stumps, rocks at any place on the trails. Please ride with caution at all times.
Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club