05 Jan The Forks, Maine – Snowmobile Trail Conditions Report
We received 12" – 18" of snow from the New Years Weekend storm, depending on the exact location. Groomers have been out and report that the trails are in great shape and the riding is fine. There are still a few wet spots, but overall conditions are very good to excellent. Cold temperatures later this week should help freeze over any wet areas.
• ITS 86 from Berry’s Store heading east toward Greenville was groomed on Monday. The 1 mile Power Line section along Moxie Lake is still a bit rough, with some wet spots. Brochu Road section is flat and fast.
• ITS 87 heading south toward Bingham was groomed on Monday and has great riding. The 3 mile spur up Moxie Mountain to the lookout is groomed . . . . outstanding views of Sugarloaf and Bigelow Mountains!
• Bald Mountain Trail connecting ITS 86 to ITS 87 was groomed on Monday and is in very good to excellent shape. There is an active logging operation along this route and the road is shared for 1 mile . . . go easy through there.
• Kennebec River Trail from Northern Outdoors to Berry’s Store was groomed on Tuesday and has good riding. Scenic trail along the river.
• Pleasant Pond Trail has not been groomed. Plan to have it open for the weekend.
Gas, food, restrooms and trail info are available at Northern Outdoors on Route 201. Call 888-770-SLED for details.
All in all, we are in great shape and the snowmobile season is off and running! Although there is plenty of snow, it is early season and there are still a few obstacles out there . . . . ride with caution.
Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club