Raft & Resort Vacations with Kennebec, Penobscot & Dead River Rafting
Experience White Water Rafting & Adventure Vacations With Maine's Favorite Adventure Resort
Northern Outdoors is the ONLY rafting & snowmobiling resort in Maine with its own pub & brewery, private log cabins, lodge, and much more.
What You Get With a Northern Outdoors Adventure Vacation:
- The PIONEER company on the Kennebec, Dead & Penobscot Rivers.
- INSPIRED expert, friendly staff & guides: guests RAVE about them.
- HANDCRAFTED ales & lagers made onsite at our Kennebec River Brewery.
- The LARGEST selection & quality of lodging: private 1-4 bedroom log cabins, lodge rooms, condos, riverside cabin-tents & campsites.
- FULL-SERVICE restaurant offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a kids' menu.
- The best LOCATION in The Forks, over 150 acres of wooded and riverside property minutes from the confluence of the Kennebec & Dead Rivers.
- Snowmobiling resort and services designed BY snowmobilers, FOR snowmobilers.
- Priceless adventures and downtime to CONNECT & UNWIND with your family & friends.
- Learn more at why Northern Outdoors.
Enjoy White Water Rafting Trips on the Kennebec, Dead, & Penobscot Rivers
Kennebec River Rafting Fantastic whitewater fun and scenery through the spectacular Kennebec River Gorge. Full day trip includes gourmet grilled lunch on the the best beach on the river. Ages 8 and up.
Penobscot River Rafting Experience the best Penobscot River Rafting trip available in Maine. Northern Outdoors runs a classic top-to-bottom river rafting trip, unlike other outfitters.
Dead River Rafting Only 8 releases a season with more continuous whitewater than any other river in the East. Limited spaces, book early and go BIG. Class III, IV, and V whitewater from below Grand Falls to the confluence of the Kennebec and Dead Rivers.
Family Rafting White water rafting is one of the best family vacations you can have! 3 Rivers, 5 different trip options. Time to connect, play, unwind, and taste adventure - oh yeah!
Kennebec Turbine Tests If you love whitewater action, you will want to be on this special release high water trip! Only 4 releases a season @ Turbine Tests 8,000cfs - nearly DOUBLE normal Kennebec releases. These trips sell out!
Tour Your Lodging Options: From Rustic Cozy Cabins to Deluxe Vacation Homes, Campsites & More
The Forks Resort Cabins Choose from rustic 1 bedroom Cozy Cabins to deluxe 4 bedroom Club Cabins, set in the woods, within walking distance to the main lodge at The Forks Resort Center
Maine Lakeside Cabins Choose from the luxury vacation rental The Point House, to our upscale Silver Cove Guest Houses and comfortable Lakeside Cabins that sit closest to the lake. Lakeside is also a popular wedding and event center.
Penobscot Cabins Twin Pines Cabins, located on the shore of Millinocket Lake, are just five miles south of our Penobscot River rafting trips meeting place and campground, overlooking Mt. Katahdin.
Check Out the Current Specials!
|WHO'S TALKING ABOUT NORTHERN?|
Travel & Leisure Magazine
Rates our Kennebec River Brewery as one of America's Coolest Breweries.
Learn more here.
American Snowmobiler and SuperTrax International
"Amazing paradise for snowmobilers" "Perfect for sledders"
Learn more here.