ATV Trails in The Forks, Maine
Explore thousands of miles of the best ATV trails in Maine, right from your cabin porch! The Forks has some of the best ATV riding in Maine with mountain views, river access, and scenic lake stops. Ride through the woods to Moxie Falls, Maine’s tallest waterfall, or ride open trails to Greenville for lunch on Moosehead Lake.
Northern Outdoors: Trailside Adventure Resort for ATVing
Hit the trails on your own or book a guided tour
Details on Resort and Season:
- Trails generally open Memorial Day Weekend through end of October
- Current Status: CLOSED for the season
- Direct ATV, SxS and UTV trail access–right from your cabin door or campsite
- Late model Polaris ATV and SxS rentals available on-site
- Plenty of secure parking for trucks and trailers with trail access
- On-site premium non-ethanol fuel for sale
- Water hose for a post-ride rinse of your ATV, SxS or UTV
- Restaurant, brewery, swimming pool, giant outdoor hot tub… everything you need to kick back after a day on the trails!
- Best time to ride? Fall! But we do have cabins available nightly May through October, mid-week only during peak season (6/24/22-9/4/22)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Dirt bikes are not permitted at Northern Outdoors due to landowner restrictions on local area trails.
Support the ATV Trails Club!
Support our local club by becoming a member of the Lake Moxie ATV Riders – it’s just $25 dollars for your family to become members, and helps the club immensely. Download the form and mail your payment in — and THANK YOU for supporting the trails you ride!
Guided ATV Tours with a Registered Maine Guide
Rent an ATV, SxS, or UTV from us, or bring your own machine. Our Registered Maine Guides will lead you through the Maine woods to waterfalls, lakes and mountain views on a private trip.
Arrive 1/2 hour prior to start times.
Priced per guide for up to 5 machines
Rental & food not included.
ATV, SxS or UTV rentals are not included in the price of the guided tours. To learn about available rentals, please visit ATV rentals.
- 8 Hours: $300
- 6 Hours: $250
- 4 Hours: $200
- 2 Hours: $150
Full-day tours include a customized tour plan based on your group members’ experience and include a stop for lunch. The cost of lunch is not included in the tour price.
8 Hour: 9:00am – 5:00pm
6 Hour: 9:00am – 3:00pm or 11:00am – 5:00pm
4 Hour: 9:00am – 1:00pm, 11:00am – 3:00pm, or 1:00pm – 5:00pm
2 Hour: 9:00am – 11:00am, 1:00am – 3:00pm, or 3:00pm – 5:00pm
ATV Illustrated joined Northern Outdoors and Maine Outdoor Sports on a 3-day SxS tour of The Forks, Jackman, Greenville and Moosehead Lake.