ATV Trails, ATV / UTV Rentals, & Guided ATV / UTV Tours
Maine ATV / UTV / OHV Trails: Over 6,000 Miles Explore! ATV & UTV Rentals OnsiteDirect ATV trail access from Northern Outdoors opens up literally thousands of miles of great riding for ATV enthusiasts. Northern Outdoors is a complete Adventure Resort ideally suited for motorized recreation. ATV and UTV riders will find:
- On-site fuel sales, microbrewery, Maine Cabin rentals, riverside camping, swimming pool, game room, and more make Northern Outdoors an ideal destination for ATVers and ATV Clubs.
- Plenty of on-site parking for trucks and trailers - there is a large Park and Ride area at the main lodge set aside for ATVers.
- On-site hose to wash down your ATV or UTV after a day of riding.
- Our Forks Resort Center and Lakeside Resort Center are conveniently located right on The Old Canada Road - National Scenic Byway between the Maine Coast and Quebec, Canada.
- Visit our Maine ATV Trails and Resort blog for tips, resources, and trail conditions for ATV trails in The Forks, Maine region.
- Check out The Forks Area ATV Trail Map here.
Polaris ATV & UTV Rentals Now Available For Guided & Unguided Rides
We are excited to make available new Polaris ATVs, and Polaris UTVs (RZR side-by-side) for full day rentals at Northern Outdoors this season. We are partnering with Backcountry Expeditions, our local ATV/UTV rental and guide outfitter, to make rentals available onsite at Northern Outdoors.
Reserve your ATV rental early, as limited supplies WILL sell out. This is prime ATV country with amazing trails, scenery, and hospitality. Maine is meant for riding! Our ATV trails typically open up in late May, after mud season.
|Polaris ATV / UTV Rentals||Sunday-Friday||Saturday|
|Polaris ATV 400 Single||$235||$250|
|Polaris ATV 500 Double||$285||$300|
|Polaris RZR side-by-side||$335||$350|
Important Information about your ATV or UTV Rental
- All ATV rentals include unlimited mileage, ATV helmet, trail map, and collision insurance.
- Renter must supply a $1500 cash or credit (VISA or MasterCard only) damage deposit on the day of the rental.
- All renters must be at least 18 years old and present a valid driver’s license.
- Passengers must be at least 12 years old.
- Full day rentals are from 9 am to 5:30 pm.
- Multi-day rentals will be able to keep the machines overnight.
ATV Tours: Guided Full Day Rides Depart Directly From Northern Outdoors
Full Day Guided Rides (These are private trips by group)
- Requires Full Day ATV rental or own machine
- Meets at Northern Outdoors lodge at 9 am daily, returns by 5:30
- Includes ATV Guide. Bring your own ATV, or rent one at Northern Outdoors.
- Guided Tour price does not include ATV rental, food, or fuel.
- We will typically stop for lunch at a sportsmen's lodge or restaurant on the tour route.
|Full Day Guided ATV / UTV Rides||Tour Price|
|1-6 Riders||$300 per day|
|7-12 Riders||$550 per day|
|Larger groups call for price quote|
Sunset ATV Rides:
- Meets at 6 pm daily
- Includes ATV Rental, fuel, collision insurance, and guide
- Requires $1,000 damage deposit per machine
- $100 per ATV for a single machine
- $125 per ATV for a double machine
- $150 per ATV for RZR side-by-side
- Group trip (not a private tour) by advance reservation. Reservations for the Sunset Trip can only be made within 48-hours of trip departure and are subject to availability.
DirtTrax TV Raves About Maine's ATV Trails and Northern Outdoors
Taera McLean, former host of DirtTrax Television, out of Toronto, Canada visited Northern Outdoors.
The Dirt Trax TV team with Taera McLean came to Maine to film ATVing with us and our riding friends from Maine A.T.V. and local towns.
ATV Lodging Options: Private Cabins or Riverside Campsites
Tour your options here.
- Book your lodging early to secure your first-choice dates. (Lodging for peak weekends and holidays tends to fill up quickly.)
How To Reserve Lodging or ATV Rentals
Want to learn more about our area trails and what's happening in the ATV world here at Northern Outdoors? Check out our ATV blog.
New Fall Foliage Half Day ATV/UTV Rides
See The Best Of Maine's Fall Color Show on these new Half Day Fall Foliage Rides.
Prime fall foliage time generally is in early to mid October, the week of Oct 6-12th.
Available 7 Days a Week Starting September 1st!
Fall Foliage ATV Rides: Details
This ½ day Fall Foliage ATV Ride with a trail side cookout lunch is the perfect way to take advantage of the beautiful fall leaves up here! Available every day from September 1st through mid-October.
Pricing includes the ½ day atv rental, helmet, goggles, gloves, lunch, and the guide.
- Pricing for guided trip only without ATV rental is available (for guests with their own machines).
- Minimum of 2 machines to run the trip. (Can join existing trip of course!)
- Machines will have a full tank of gas when the tour starts, guest is responsible for filling gas tank upon return.
- ATV rentals for the guided trip require a damage deposit of $1000 on a VISA or MasterCard; minimum age to drive rental is 18 with valid drivers license and passengers need to be at least 12 years old.
- Trip Meeting Time: 9am safety briefing, 9:30am departure, 3:30pm return
|ATV / UTV Rental for Half Day Fall Foliage Rides||Price|
|Polaris Sportsman 400 H.O. (1 person)||$225|
|Polaris Sportsman 500 Touring (2 people)||$240|
|Polaris RZR Side by Side (2 people)||$270|