Guided Fishing Trips for Bass, Trout, Landlocked Salmon
Northern Outdoors offers fully guided, half and full day fishing packages to some of the finest freshwater fishing in Maine. We fish remote and beautiful stretches of water in western Maine - undoubtedly one of the best fisheries in the United States.
Fish for Smallmouth Bass, Trout, and Landlocked Salmon in Maine
Call us at 800-765-7238 to book your guided fishing trip. Discover the secret spots only the expert local guides know for rugged brook trout, acrobatic landlocked salmon, and sneaky smallmouth bass.
Visit our totally overhauled Northern Outdoors Hunting & Fishing website for comprehensive information and plenty of great photos, too.
Available Full Day & Half Day Guided Fishing & Fly Fishing Trips
1/2 Day Smallmouth Bass Fishing Trips
Spin Casting, or Fly Fishing by Special Request.
Get in on the ground floor of a new expert fishing guide service with Kennebec River Angler and Northern Outdoors. You'll enjoy expert assistance and guidance searching out the best fishing spots along Maine's beautiful Kennebec River. We float the gentle lower section of the river, from The Forks downstream to Caratunk. Great for kids and adults alike!
- Advance Reservations are required
- 2 fishing guests per raft max, 1-2 rafts per trip
- Morning check-in 7:30 to 12:00
- Afternoon check-in 12:30 to 5:00
- Cost $179.00 per raft
Maine Smallmouth Bass Fishing: Full Day Trip
This trip is available using spinning gear and fly fishing gear, and like all our trips, we practice catch and release only. Make sure you bring your camera!
- Minimum Age: 8 years
- Season: May 15 – September 30
- Price: $350 for 1-2 anglers, $400 for three anglers, per boat.
- Maine Fishing License (available to purchase at Northern Outdoors' lodge as well)
- Rain Gear, Swim suit, sun block, hat, sunglasses, camera, fly fishing gear.
What Northern Outdoors Provides:
- Beverages and snack (lunch on the full day trip)
- Raft with fishing row frame
- Transportation to and from fishing sites
- All fishing gear, rods, reels, lures, life jackets, etc.
- A quality fishing experience
- Digital photos of the day's adventures
Fly Fishing For Trout and Landlocked Salmon Programs
We offer outstanding fly fishing for Maine's four major cold water fish species right from our doorstep. Acrobatic landlocked salmon, rugged brown trout, frisky rainbow trout, and the legendary brook trout abound in the Upper Kennebec Watershed.
Spend time with our knowledgeable and experienced guides who will assist in fly selection, fish location and proven techniques all while you enjoy the beauty of our remote locations. From true tail-water fisheries below Maine’s hydroelectric dams, to freestone sections of braided river, and remote mountain ponds, we have a variety of outstanding water to choose from.
East Outlet Fly Fishing Drift Boat TripDraining Moosehead Lake, the East Outlet has cold water all season and the fishing to show for it. Landlocked Salmon and Brook Trout along with Class I-III rapids provide the challenge for this postcard day on this beautiful remote river. Our river guides provide local knowledge and excellent boat handling to get you into the perfect lie. This is a perfect river to gain confidence and perfect your nymph fishing techniques.
- Cost $400 for 1-2 anglers
Kennebec Gorge Fly Fishing in Maine
Upper Kennebec River GorgeThis remote section of river is our guide’s little secret. Undoubtedly known for its raging Class IV rapids providing wild whitewater rafting, the Upper Kennebec Gorge isn’t the most likely place to think about a pristine Maine stream and fly fishing for brook trout and salmon. However, when the dam owners are not releasing water through the turbines, this section of river resembles a small stream and has a hidden gem of a fishery located deep in the bedrock of canyon. We’ll arrive at Harris Station at first light and slip down the river in our raft and fish pool to pool for some of the most remote Brook Trout and Landlocked Salmon fishing in Maine. Hold on, because at some point in the morning the water will rise and you and your fishing-turned whitewater guide will get an exciting raft ride home. Due to the physical nature of this trip, we recommend it to those healthy, active, adventurous types.
- This is an early morning trip and will be complete around noon.
- Cost $400 for one or two people
- We Supply: Professional Registered Maine Fishing and Whitewater Guide with over 20 years of whitewater experience, self-bailing raft, all safety equipment, lifejacket, transportation, and lunch.
- You supply: Fly Rod and gear, (4-6 Weight with Floating and Sink Tip Lines), Chest Waders with waist belt, Felt boots, Maine Fishing License
- With the nature of the operations of Harris Station, there are times when the dam owners release water all hours of the day, making this section unfishable. If this happens and we can not fish in the gorge, alternative arrangements will be made. We’ll still get you to some great fishing.
Custom Fishing GetawaysCreate your own multi-day custom Fishing Getaway simply by selecting your choice of lodging options at The Forks Resort Center or Lakeside Resort Center, and any combination of activities. Call us, click on Live Chat, or email us with your request.
The revolutionary Banjo Minnow was conceived, designed, and perfected by head fishing guide and Northern Outdoors co-founder Wayne Hockmeyer on the very waters Northern Outdoors fishes.
See current fishing photos and local tips through the season on our Northern Outdoors Hunting & Fishing facebook page.
Need help to dial in on the best vacation package for your needs? Email us or call us via phone @ 1-800-765-RAFT (1-800-765-7238). We're here to help!