Maine Family White Water Rafting Vacations
Maine White Water Rafting Vacations Make The Best Family Vacations!It's never too early to plan your family adventure vacation - especially when your vacation time is limited, dates are fixed, and the kids are getting older fast!
Families love Northern Outdoors. We guarantee you'll never hear your kids "moan and groan" about this family vacation. Choose from easy to exciting white water family rafting options for kids ages 8 through 17, no experience needed. Round out your stay with other family adventure activities like hiking a leisurely float trip, a half-day fishing trip and fun resort amenities.
Kids Raft Half Price All Summer Weekdays on the Kennebec and Penobscot Rivers!
- Ages 8-17 raft the Kennebec for 50% off
- Ages 15-17 raft the Penobscot for 50% off
- Limit one child per full-paying adult, June 10th to August 30th, 2013.
Midweek vacations offer the best value for families with Northern Outdoors. No other adventure company offers half price kids' rafting in Maine! We understand the importance of getting families out together for active vacations, and we make it easy for you.
See lodging rates here.
See Rafting rates here.
Note to Family Vacation Planners!: Weekend dates sell out, midweek dates have good availability up to a month in advance. Opening dates on each river for 2013 are:
- Kennebec River - Season Dates: May 5th-October 13th
- Dead River - Season Dates: Only 8 Releases Between May 4th - October 5th
- Penobscot River - Season Dates : May 25th - September 8th
We understand the importance of getting families out together for active vacations, and we make it easy for you. Don’t worry, your kids (and you!) don’t have to leave all their high tech connections behind, we have wireless internet in our main lodge. Your Maine vacation experience lasts far beyond your actual trip. That’s priceless - for you - and for those lucky family members you bring with you.
Watch Family Fun On Their Kennebec Family Rafting Vacation Video Here
Learn more about Family Rafting here.
10 Reasons Why Northern Outdoors Makes It Easy for Families
- Family-friendly resort: swimming pool, giant hut tub
- Arcade room, volleyball, basketball, and outdoor lighted games patio
- Hassle-free family rafting and adventure vacation packages
- Complete lodging choices: cabin rentals to riverside campsites
- Our Kennebec River Pub is a kid-friendly full-service restaurant. See our Kid's menu now.
- The "Big Kids" enjoy our Kennebec River Brewery.
- Convenient wireless at The Forks Resort Center lodge
- Riverside trails, hiking, fishing, and exploring
- Free use of sit-on-top kayaks to explore private on-site lake
- Kid-sized rafting gear - PFDs, paddles, helmets & complete wetsuit gear that fits your kids. Maximum fun for them, maximum confidence for you!
Choose From Three Rivers, Four Trips, One Fantastic Family Vacation
Kennebec River Whitewater Rafting Trips(For elementary and middle school age kids, ages 8 and up)
There are lots of good reasons why the Kennebec is the most popular river in New England. It offers consistent Class II, III & IV white water rafting in the spectacular Maine wilderness all summer and fall.
Penobscot River Whitewater Rafting Trips(For middle and high school kids, ages 12 and up)
Looking for awesome whitewater action? The Penobscot River has it! We've extended our traditional half price kids' pricing to the mighty Penobscot River, for kids ages 15-17 for the full river trip (Upper and Lower Penobscot).
Dead River White Water Rafting Trips(For high school kids, ages 15 and up)
With more continuous white water than any other river in the East, rafting on the Dead River puts you smack in the middle of “experiential intensity”! Learn more.
Lower Kennebec Float Trips(For elementary and middle school age kids, ages 8 and up)
This self-guided trip starts at take-out of the main Kennebec River rafting trip, below all the major rapids of the Upper and Lower sections. Learn more.
Family Adventure Getaway Packages(For elementary school age kids, ages 8 and up)
Want to take your family in the outdoors and don’t know where to start? Choose from our Mom-approved and kid-tested all-inclusive Family Adventure Getaway Packages! Make your family time affordable, fun, and hassle-free. Learn more.
More Northern Outdoors AdventuresVisit our Adventures section to learn about all the other activities you can enjoy with your family on your Maine North Woods vacation with Northern Outdoors. Choose from self-guided to guided options, and lodging for every budget from deluxe campsites to luxury cabins. Learn more.
Choose The Lodging That Works Best For Your Family
Cabin Rentals: Luxury Club Houses to Cozy Cabins
- The Forks Resort Center: (Cabins, logdominiums, and lodge rooms)
- Eagle Cove: (Lakeside Cabins & Guest Houses)
- Penobscot Outdoor Center (Twin Pines Cabins)
- The Forks Resort Center Camping (the base for Kennebec & Dead River rafting trips)
- Penobscot Outdoor Center Camping (the base for Penobscot rafting trips)
View 2013 Lodging Rates