Kennebec River Maine White Water Rafting Vacations
The Kennebec River Is Maine’s Most Popular White Water Rafting Trip: May-October
There are lots of good reasons why the Kennebec is the most popular river in New England. It offers consistent Class II, III & IV white water rafting in the spectacular Maine wilderness all summer and fall. From its source at Maine's Moosehead Lake near the Canadian border, this famous river corridor carves through a deep, rock-walled gorge in the exciting Upper Kennebec, and broadens out into the easygoing Lower Kennebec. Your trip ends just five miles upstream of our Adventure Resort at The Forks.
Thanks For A Great 2013 Rafting Season!
2014 Raft & Resort Reservations Are OpenEarly Booking Special: Book 90 days or more ahead and get an additional 10% off.
Rafting Video-of-the-Week series to see what a Northern Outdoors rafting vacation is all about. Features the Kennebec, Penobscot, and Dead Rivers.
Kennebec Whitewater Rafting Offers Consistent Whitewater Fun Every Day Of The Season!
Spring Fever Freedom Runs, Sizzling Summer Cool-downs & Spectacular Fall Foliage
- Kennebec Rafting: Fantastic whitewater fun and scenery through the spectacular Kennebec River Gorge - gourmet, hot, grilled riverside lunch included!
- Turbine Test Releases: HUGE water releases from the Harris Station dam make for high adrenaline adventure on the Kennebec River! Only 4 releases in 2014. Learn more.
- Find your perfect Cabin or Campsite to go with your Kennebec Rafting getaway vacation.
- Check out our Kennebec River Vacation Packages and save.
Why You’ll Love This River Trip:
- Spectacular scenery of Maine’s North Woods wilderness
- Gourmet grilled lunch on perfect riverside beach
- Awesome rollercoaster waves on the Upper section
- Great swimming spots
- Paddle your own inflatable kayak on the Lower section
- Short shuttle drive back to hot tub, pool, cabins, and brewpub!
- High Adventure Sport Rafts get you even closer to the action.
- Kennebec Turbine Test High Releases: Available only four days per season. If you are an adrenaline junkie or experienced river enthusiast, this trip is for you!
|What's Included||Lunch, first class equipment (paddle, helmet, lifejacket, self-bailing raft), Professional Registered Maine Guide in every raft, transportation to/from the river. Full use of facilities at our Forks Resort Center. Post trip video and slide show.|
|Minimum Ages||Age 10 for the Upper Kennebec section; Age 8 for the Lower Kennebec section|
|What to Bring||Please see our Rafting FAQ. Wetsuits, booties, and paddling jackets are available for rent in cooler weather.|
|Meeting Location & Time||The Forks Resort Center, 8:00am|
|Season Dates||May 4th - October 12th|
|Major Named Rapids||3 Sisters, Alleyway, Magic Falls|
|Trip Length / Duration||12 miles / Full day|
|Trip Departure||A minimum of 6 people required for trip departure|
Where is the Kennebec River?
Find out with our area map!
- Trip prices range from $89 - $134 per person depending on your preferred trip date
- Download our Participation Waiver Form
- A user fee of $5.00 per person to cover road access to the river and a levy paid to the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife will be added to each rafting guest.