Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club
If you enjoy the snowmobiling in The Forks and would like to support our efforts, please join the Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club. All membership monies go into running the two Tuckers that groom the trails.
Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club - Support The Forks Trail System
- Individual/Family Memberships - $35
- Business Memberships - $55
- Current MSA members get $10 off their membership. Just write in your current membership # on the application form.
In an average year, we log 500 hours on each rig. They each eat about 5.0 gallons of fuel per hour. So, that’s a total of 5,000 gallons of fuel each season . . . . a lot of money! On top of that, there is the cost of regular maintenance and repair of equipment breakdowns.
The Forks Trail System is comprised of approximately 100 miles of ITS, municipal and club trails. Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club maintains and grooms this trail system with two (2) Tucker Terra 2000 Sno-Cats pulling 18-09 Mogul Master drags. The cost to purchase and run these rigs is astronomical.
Commitment to Maintaining The Forks Trail System
Anyone who has ridden The Forks Snowmobile Trail System, knows that we do “whatever it takes” to make sure that the trails are scenic, well-signed and well-groomed, and that the riding is beyond your expectations. We have extremely dedicated drivers who work long hours, because they like to ride themselves, they are committed to our region and they know what it takes to make smooth trails.
The Trail System Consists of:
- ITS 86 from Berry's Store in West Forks heading east toward Greenville. We turn around about 14 miles before Greenville.
- ITS 87 heading south toward Bingham. We turn around 15 miles from Bingham. We also groom the 3 mile spur trail to the Moxie Mountain Overlook.
- Bald Mountain Trail connecting ITS 86 with ITS 87.
- Kennebec River Trail from Northern Outdoors to Berry's Store in West Forks.
- Pleasant Pond Trail connecting ITS 87 with the Bald Mountain Trail.