Maine Snowmobile Rentals
No Sled? No Problem! We can help you to get out and explore the trails.Northern Outdoors has partnered with Backcountry Expeditions a fully insured snowmobile rental operator, licensed by the State of Maine. Their in-house snowmobile mechanics, keep every sled in their modern fleet in tip-top shape. The late model snowmobile fleet is equipped with the newest technology for your comfort, safety, and ease of use. We take great pride in offering the best running rental fleet in Maine!
Self-Guided Snowmobile RentalsSnowmobiles are easy to operate and fun to ride! Throttle to go, brake to stop. It's almost that simple. No experience necessary and all the required gear is provided. Our professional staff is eager to show you everything you need to know to travel on our user friendly trails. We provide safety and operating instruction for first-timers, as well as helpful hints on how to get the most from your adventure. With the local trail map we provide and well signed trails, you'll discover how easy it is to explore the beauty of The Forks area.
Choose the sled that is right for you.
Ski-Doo Grand Touring Sport 550A high performance 550cc Rotax engine powers this sled, which introduces the New REV-XP platform to trail touring. The REV design provides extra legroom for more comfort and less rider fatique. All of our 550's are equipped with electric start, electric reverse, driver hand and foot warmers and dual mirrors. The SC-5M rear suspension and Motion Control front shocks enable nimble handling and take the rough spots out of any trail. Outstanding riding comfort and power are the trademarks of the Grand Touring Sport 550.
Ski-Doo MXZ 600Our performance sled offering. The liquid cooled MXZ 600 is available to experienced riders who have either rented from us previously, can show a past snowmobile registration in their name, or have completed a snowmobile safety course.
Like the GT Sport the MXZl is based off of Ski-Doo’s award winning REV platform. With a 597cc liquid cooled motor this machine caters to the experienced rider and delivers more than enough power and handling capability to keep any enthusiast happy.
|Snowmobile Model||Sunday - Friday||Saturday||1/2 day (Mon-Fri) only|
|Ski-Doo 550 Single||$235||$250||$135|
|Ski-Doo 550 Double||$250||$265||$150|
|Ski-Doo MXZ 600 Single||$250||$265||$150|
|Polaris Indy 600 Single||$250||$265||$150|
- Rates are per snowmobile, valid for 2015 season
- Rental fee includes snowmobile with unlimited mileage, helmet, trail map and collision insurance.
- Gasoline and riding clothing are not included (snowmobile clothing, boots and gloves are available for rental at the main lodge).
- Maximum weight limit for Ski-Doo 550 double is 400 lbs
- All renters must be 18 years old and present a valid driver's license. Passengers must be at least 10 years old.
- *Half day rates available mornings only from 8am - 12.30pm
- We have very stringent policies regarding all snowmobile rentals. Be sure you and others in your party are familiar with our Sled Damage Deposit requirements and Renters Liability Insurance rules before you rent from us.