Camping, Cabin Tents and Bunk Houses at the Kennebec & Penobscot Rivers
Northern Outdoors Adventure Resort is at the hub of Maine’s best white water rivers and trail systems for hiking, snowmobiling, and ATVs. Launch your rafting or adventure vacation in western Maine’s extraordinary wilderness playground with the perfect campsite and resort amenities. No need to rough it without style: enjoy the Kennebec River Campground next to our Forks Resort Center, and our new Abol Bridge Campground location on the Penobscot River with spectacular views of Mt. Katahdin. Enjoy great restaurants, good beer, wifi access and convenient amenities with spacious, clean, modern restrooms and showers at both locations. Try it! You'll love it!
Kennebec River Campground and Penobscot Abol Bridge Campground Are Waiting For You
Online Booking Available for The FOrks and Katahdin Area Lodging & Camping
Book The Forks Kennebec River Campground online here.
Overview Map of Northern Outdoors Resort Facilities
PDF - Layout of Kennebec River Campground & Cabin Tents: North Side (Northern campground: wooded sites, closer to the resort)
PDF - Layout of Kennebec River Campground & Cabin Tents: South Side (Wilderness campground; open sites often used for bigger groups)
Maine Camping Options at Northern Outdoors
Located in our campground along the Kennebec River, our cabin tents provide economical yet comfortable wilderness accommodations, without the usual hassles associated with camping.
- These large, bright, airy tents are suitable for 2 or 4 people, and feature a wooden floor, screen door, electric lighting, and single beds with foam mattresses, picnic table, and fire ring.
- Bring your own sleeping bag or bedding.
- Learn more.
The Forks Resort – Campsites: Kennebec River CampgroundOur Kennebec River Campground offers a selection of well-kept, wooded tent campsites, all served by spacious, clean, modern restrooms and showers. Perfect for budget rafting vacations!
- A fire ring and picnic table are provided at each site.
- Individual and group sites are available.
- RV sites are also available.
- Large, clean bathhouse with hot showers.
- Learn more
Katahdin Area Penobscot: Abol Bridge CampgroundWe are thrilled to introduce our new Penobscot River lodging offerings opening May 24th at Abol Bridge Campground. Abol Bridge Campground is located on the banks of the Penobscot River, with spectacular direct views of Mt Katahdin.
- Tent campsites, RV campsites, and rustic bunkhouses.
- Full service restaurant called (aptly!) The Northern Restaurant.
- Absolutely breathtaking location, minutes from the Penobscot Rafting trips takeout!
- Learn more
Lock In Best Lodging RatesBook your vacation package now and lock in the best lodging rates!
View Summer Rates
View Winter Rates
Need help to dial in on the best vacation package for your needs? Email us or call us via phone @ 1-800-765-RAFT1-800-765-RAFT FREE (1-800-765-72381-800-765-7238 FREE). We're here to help!