31 Mar It’s That Time of the Year Again: Maine Beer Festival Season!
Spring is in the Air in Northern Maine = Craft Brew Festivals and Dead River Rafting
As Northern Outdoor’s Kennebec River Brewery enters its’ 38th season, we are quite excited
about the summer rafting season. We expect ideal water conditions this spring/summer from the big snowpack we received from December intro April. However, as the only adventure and rafting resort in New England with our own microbrewery, we are equally excited about the regional beer festivals we will be attending throughout Maine and New England this spring, summer, and fall!
Northern Outdoors thrives in creating an atmosphere that is perfect for enjoying a high quality handcrafted beer, but also to really kick back, relax, and escape in beautiful western Maine. And clearly, we are not the only ones who feel this way about the unique atmosphere here at Northern Outdoors. Check out the recent press about the brewery and all that we have to offer:
- Thrillist.com: ‘From Beer Baths to White-Water Rafting: 12 Breweries that go way beyond just tours’
- ResortsandLodges.com: Adventure and Ale Combine at Northern Outdoors
As a member of the Maine Brewers’ Guild, Northern Outdoors is proud to be a part of the Maine Beer Trail. Established in 2009, the Maine Beer Trail highlights the unique craft breweries across our great beer-creating and consuming state! Intended to give Maine visitors a unique way to enjoy the various micro and craft breweries across the state, you can check out the Maine Beer Trail here! In addition, check out the dates below to see when we will be in an area near you:
2014 Dates to Remember + Maine Craft Brew Schedule:
- Beer Summit. Boston, MA. April 4 & 5th
- Great International Beer Festival. Providence, RI. April 12th
- Brew Woo Craft Beerfest. Worcester, MA. April 19th
- American Craft Beer Fest. Boston, MA. May 30 & 31st
- Bangor Beer Festival. Bangor, ME. June 21st
- Beer Camp Across America. Portland, ME. August 1st
- Maine Lakes Brewfest. Casco, ME. September 27th
Visit our Kennebec River Brewery Facebook page for up-to-date details on all the New England Beer Festivals that we’ll be attending!
2014 Maine Raft and Brew Events
Lastly, as we are major proponents of outdoor adventures and rewarding our visitors with our hand-crafted brew, these events provide an excellent opportunity to escape and combine two of Maine’s most popular activities, rafting and craft-beer tasting:
- May 25th, Fourth Annual Spring Raft ‘n Brews
Raft the Dead River at the “Wicked Fun” level of 5,500CFS, then return to The Forks Resort Center main lodge for a cookout, Kennebec River brewery tours, $3 pints all day Sunday and live entertainment. More details. (Read Men’s Journal’s pickup of this event.)
- October 4th, OCTOBERFEST Raft ‘n Brews
Last blast on the Dead River! Rafting on the Dead with BBQ cookout after the trip, $3 Octoberfest pints Saturday the 4th, followed by live entertainment on Saturday night.