27 Jan 11 January 27th, 2011 Maine Snowmobile Trail Report for The Forks
Lot of snow the past 2 weeks, and continued cold temps mean the trails are staying nice and firm. We are in great shape in The Forks, Maine with really enjoyable riding on all of our 100 mile Maine snowmobile trail system. For the remainder of this week, we will be grooming the entire trail system Friday and Saturday nights.
- ITS 86 FROM BERRYS STORE HEADING EAST TOWARD GREENVILLE. Good all the way through. A little rough intown, but improves just out of the valley. One mile Power Line section near Moxie Pond still a bit rough. Brochu Road is flat and fast!
- ITS 87 HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM. Good riding. There is a 1 mile section of plowed road, due to logging, near Pleasant Pond. There is a good base of snow on the road. Go slow through there and watch for trucks. Short ½ mile section near Moore’s Bog is rough. All else is good going. Windblown sections near Moxie Mountain now have decent snow cover. This very scenic trail winds around the base of rugged Moxie Mountain. Check out the 3 mile spur trail up to Moxie Mountain Lookout. Incredible views of Sugarloaf Mtn. and the Bigelow Range.
- BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL FROM ITS 87 TO ITS 86. Fine riding all the way through. This trail and ITS 86 & 87 make a great loop. There is a short ½ mile section through a logging operation. Go slow through there.
- BREAKNECK RIDGE TRAIL. Open and groomed all the way from Bald Mtn. Trail through to Blanchard and ITS 85.
- PLEASANT POND TRAIL. Open and groomed all the way through. Nice loop trail around Pleasant Pond and Pleasant Pond Mountain.
- KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL FROM NORTHERN OUTDOORS TO BERRYS STORE. Open and groomed all the way through. Scenic riding along the Kennebec River.
All in all, the riding is outstanding right now. Get out and enjoy!
For all you day riders, there’s a FREE PARK & RIDE LOT at Northern Outdoors on Route 201, with groomed trail access. Food, gas and trail maps are available at the Northern Outdoors Lodge.
Northern Outdoors SC
Read all the Snowmobile Trail Conditions Reports by Northern Outdoors.
Visit Northern Outdoors, Maine’s Premier Snowmobile Resort.
Read more about Recommended Area Rides in The Forks.