15 Feb Snowmobile Trail Report for The Forks, Maine
Anywhere from 2 to 3+ feet of snow on the ground in The Forks area. Great riding on all trail sections.
• ITS 86 FROM BERRY’S STORE HEADING EAST TOWARD GREENVILLE. Good all the way through. Even the Power Line sections are smooth.
• ITS 87 HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM. Good riding. There is a 1 mile section of plowed road, due to logging, near Pleasant Pond. There is a good base of snow on the road. Go slow through there and watch for trucks. All else is good going. This very scenic trail winds around the base of rugged Moxie Mountain. Check out the 3 mile spur trail up to Moxie Mtn. Lookout. Incredible views of Sugarloaf Mtn. and the Bigelow Range.
• BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL FROM ITS 87 TO ITS 86. Good all the way through. This trail and ITS 86 & 87 make a great loop. There is a short ½ mile section through a logging operation. Go slow through there.
• BREAKNECK RIDGE TRAIL. Open and groomed all the way from Bald Mtn. Trail through to Blanchard and ITS 85.
• PLEASANT POND TRAIL. Open and groomed all the way through. Nice loop trail around Pleasant Pond and Pleasant Pond Mountain.
• KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL FROM NORTHERN OUTDOORS TO BERRY’S STORE. Open and groomed all the way through. Scenic riding along the Kennebec River.
For all you day riders, there’s a FREE PARK & RIDE LOT at Northern Outdoors on Route 201, with groomed trail access. Food, gas and trail maps are available at the NO Lodge. Call 888-770-SLED for details.
Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club
Read all the Snowmobile Trail Conditions Reports by Northern Outdoors.
Visit Northern Outdoors, Maine’s Premier Snowmobile Resort.
Read more about Recommended Area Rides in The Forks.