15 Mar 11 Snowmobile Trail Report For The Forks, Maine
Some rain and warm temps the past weekend, but trails are holding up pretty well. Still a good base of snow. Things cooled off enough Sunday night so both groomers went out. They report that trails are good with no water problems . . . . . nice spring riding! We will continue grooming as night time temperatures allow.
- ITS 86 FROM BERRY’S STORE HEADING EAST TOWARD GREENVILLE. Intown trail is in fair shape. Power Line sections near Lake Moxie are smooth. Brochu Road is flat and fast.
- ITS 87 HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM. Good riding all the way. Logging operation on Hangtown Road has finished up. This very scenic trail winds around the base of rugged Moxie Mountain. Check out the 3 mile spur trail up to Moxie Mtn. Lookout. Incredible views of Sugarloaf Mtn. and the Bigelow Range.
- BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL FROM ITS 87 TO ITS 86. Good all the way through. This trail and ITS 86 & 87 make a great loop.
- BREAKNECK RIDGE TRAIL. Open all the way from Bald Mtn. Trail through to Blanchard and ITS 85.
- PLEASANT POND TRAIL. Open and groomed all the way through. Nice loop trail around Pleasant Pond and Pleasant Pond Mountain.
- KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL FROM NORTHERN OUTDOORS TO BERRY’S STORE. Open and groomed all the way through. Scenic riding along the Kennebec River.
For all you day riders, there’s a FREE PARK & RIDE LOT at Northern Outdoors on Route 201, with groomed trail access. Food, gas and trail maps are available at the NO Lodge. Call 888-770-SLED for details.
Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club