09 Jan 13 The Forks Area Snowmobile Trail Report 1/9/13
All 100 miles of The Forks Area Snowmobile Trail System are open and being groomed on a regular basis. We have a great base of snow and outstanding riding! There’s some happy riders out there!
• ITS 86 FROM BERRY’S STORE HEADING EAST TOWARD GREENVILLE AND ROCKWOOD Great riding all the way. Intown trails have plenty of snow, and even the Power Line section near Moxie Pond is pretty smooth. Couple miles of plowed road on the Shirley Road section, due to logging. There is a good base of snow on the road all the way. Go slow through there and watch for trucks.
• ITS 87 HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM Smooth sailing all the way. Check out the 3 mile groomed spur trail up Moxie Mountain. Awesome views of Sugarloaf and the Bigelows!
• BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL FROM ITS 87 TO ITS 86 Great ride all the way through.
• BREAKNECK RIDGE TRAIL Groomed all the way through.
• PLEASANT POND TRAIL Great ride all the way through. This trail, combined with ITS 87, makes a great loop ride around scenic Moxie Mountain.
• KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL FROM NORTHERN OUTDOORS TO WEST FORKS Open and groomed all the way through. Scenic trail along the Kennebec River.
For day riders, there’s a FREE PARK & RIDE LOT at Northern Outdoors lodge on Route 201. The lot is very large and well plowed, and will accommodate large trailers. Groomed trail directly from the parking lot accesses ITS 87 and the Kennebec River Trail. Gas, food and trail maps are available at NO. Look for the big PARK & RIDE sign just before Northern Outdoors.
Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club