26 Dec 12 The Forks Area Snowmobile Trail Report – Wednesday December 26th, 2012
All 100 miles of The Forks Trail System are open and groomed (except as noted below) with great riding. Groomers packed the trail on Thursday 12/20 and groomed it flat on Monday 12/24. The result is a great base for the season. Storm coming through on Thursday with 12+ inches of snow. Groomers will be out Friday and Sunday nights. Will be great riding!
• ITS 86 EAST FROM BERRY’S STORE HEADING TOWARD GREENVILLE AND ROCKWOOD. Snow is a little thin in town, but once up out of the valley things improve greatly. Power Line near Moxie Pond is very rough, but passable. Other than that, it’s great riding. There is 2 miles of shared road near Moxie Pond, due to logging. There is a good base of snow on the road, but go slow.
• ITS 87 SOUTH HEADING SOUTH TOWARD BINGHAM. Good going all the way through. Spur trail up to the Moxie Mountain Lookout is open and groomed.
• BALD MOUNTAIN TRAIL FROM ITS 87 TO ITS 86. Great ride all the way.
• PLEASANT POND TRAIL. Great ride all the way through.
• BREAKNECK RIDGE TRAIL. Groomed on our end, but unsure if 4 Winds club has groomed their end.
• KENNEBEC RIVER TRAIL FROM NORTHERN OUTDOORS LODGE TO WEST FORKS. Has not been cleared of blowdowns or groomed.
Northern Outdoors Snowmobile Club